Global Entrepreneurship Week (GEW) is changing the world for the better by ensuring that people, young and old, rich and poor, male and female, in all corners of the world, are talking about, engaging in, and embracing the entrepreneurial journey. 131 countries participated in GEW in 2012, more than any other year, 30,000+ events took place, and over seven million people around the globe were actively engaged.
There is no question that the world needs more entrepreneurs to meet the needs of our changing world, and never in history has this been highlighted so clearly as during this year’s GEW. All of us at StartUp Cup are so proud to be part of the greatest collection of events for entrepreneurs the world has ever seen.
2012 has been proven a landmark year for StartUp Cup. We have experienced firsthand the transformative power of supporting people to create their own destinies by mentoring the startup process, with a focus on designing business models and building companies. With eight StartUp Cups operating around the world we witnessed five StartUp Cup Award Celebrations, as well as the launch of Yangon (Myanmar) StartUp Cup, all during Global Entrepreneurship Week.
StartUp Cup highlights for 2012 Include:
- Being named a Partner of the Department of State Global Entrepreneurship Program
- Having three StartUp Cups selected as Featured Events of Global Entrepreneurship Week (Cairo/Egypt, Santa Clara County/USA, and Tulsa/USA)
- Being designated a Featured Event of Global Entrepreneurship Week in 2013
- Over 236 startups competed in StartUp Cup business model competitions
- Over 120 new operating startups emerged from StartUp Cup business model competitions
- Over 63 business model judges participated in StartUp Cups around the world
- Over 84 coaches and mentors supported StartUp Cup entrepreneurs around the world
As we head into 2013, we clearly understand the importance and responsibility of continuing our goal of empowering people from all walks of life to reach their full potential through entrepreneurship.
At StartUp Cup we have already started planning for GEW 2013 and look forward to meeting and engaging with you and your community in the great entrepreneurial journey.